No matter how much you know, there are always things you’ve just never thought about.
Bright Side found some interesting and unexpected facts from different spheres that will definitely surprise you.
- Cockroaches can live for weeks without their heads until they die of hunger.
- The average woman spends 17 years of her life on a diet.
- People spend more time sitting on the toilet each week than exercising. Moreover, we end up with 1.4 years on the toilet during a lifetime.
- Some mammoths were still around when the Egyptian pyramids were being built.
- A bee can sting another bee. They can sting a bee from another colony if they attack. The queen bee can sting her rivals and other queens to death, even if they’re just developing.
- Vending machines kill more people than sharks.
- Airplane food isn’t very tasty since our sense of smell and taste decrease a lot during flights because of low pressure and dryness.
- The average 4-year-old child asks almost 400 questions a day.
- Cleopatra lived closer in time to the first Moon landing than to the building of the Great Pyramid.
- If you were to remove all the empty space from the atoms that make up every human on Earth, the entire world population could fit into an apple.
- Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
- Of all the people in history that have reached 65 years of age, half of them are living right now.
- The total weight of all the ants on Earth is comparable to the total weight of all the humans on the planet.
- You’re more likely to become the President than you are to win the lottery.
- 90% of the world’s population lives in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Facebook engineers originally wanted to call the “Like“ button the ”Awesome” button.