Every now and again, the internet conspires against us to interrupt our day and make us feel far more emotional than we were expecting when we rolled out of bed at 7am with a grumpy expression on our faces.
If you’re yet to experience such an unexpected feeling of emotional assault via the medium of the interwebs, then look no further than the following list. These photos are all guaranteed to give you serious feels, change how you think about the world, and possibly cause you to reassess your life. You have been warned.
1. A nature reserve worker weeps beside a poached rhino
2. A man learns he is the last living veteran of his WWII battle group
3. Billboard for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman. He was never found
4. A note found tied to a popped balloon
5. A mother listening to her dead son’s heartbeat inside the woman his heart was donated to
6. Patton Oswalt celebrating his Emmy win, just a few months after his wife died from an accidental overdose of sleeping pills
7. A Syrian girl mistakes camera for gun and immediately surrenders by holding her hands in the air
Still with us? Head over to the next page for more of the planet’s most heartbreaking photos. Tissues at the ready.
8. This groom has terminal cancer and had been given a week to live
9. An arrangement sent from a husband to his wife after he’d died
10. A note spotted in a taxi cab driver’s car
11. A photo taken at Beau Biden’s funeral
12. A father reunites with a son he thought was dead
13. After winning Miss Thailand 2015, Khanittha Phasaeng goes back to visit her mother, kneeling before her as a sign of the utmost respect
14. A dog owner’s last moments with her best friend
15. If love could have saved you…
16. Old man eating by himself at In ‘N Out with a picture of his wife
17. A tattoo spotted on a wounded soldier
A picture paints a thousand words, so if you’re in the mood for the equivalent to 1,500 more where that came from, you know what you need to do.